Hi Saad,

Thanks for the response!  I actually found something different when I tried running an experiment with two cases: theta = [0,pi) and theta = arccos(2v-1).  Phi was the same in both of these cases: phi = [0,2i).  I have attached the results.  Green is the distribution with the former and red with the latter.  Without the arccos modification, the fibers mainly course in the direction of the poles, as one would expect when switching from Spherical to Cartesian coordinates.  With the arccos modification, things appear spherically uniform in Cartesian.  Thus it seems that spherical distributions result when arccos is used.  What are your thoughts on these results?  Thanks for your help!

-Kabi