Hi FSLer and Prof. Smith,

I have a question regarding DTI analysis process in FSL. I post previously asking why there was no image created after DTIFIT? Jesper kindly solved problem for me by using DTI b0 image instead of T1 image in DTIFIT process. Link attached as following:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1512&L=FSL&D=0&9=A&F=2301027602695812&J=on&X=A7A2A6A0321E9C12E7&Y=joyce.yu.guo%40gmail.com&z=4&P=184559

He also explained it's due to my DTI and T1 image are on different spaces, which DTIFIT dose not check unlike FLIRT. So, I wonder if I could register DTI images of 26 directions to T1 image using FLIRT, and then merge registered DTI images as one 4D DTI image. Then, normal DTIFIT process could be applied? I did so. It worked and results looks much better than using b0 image as a reference image at DTIFIT analysis. I think it's mainly because our DTI data is 5mm thick! So, I prefer to use the procedure I described. BUT, I wonder if this procedure is legitimate?  Any suggestion would be appreciated!

bw,
Joyce