Hi Rosalia,

Also, use -M to obtain the mean.

All the best,

Anderson

On 16 December 2015 at 17:28, Rosalia Dacosta Aguayo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you a lot for your kindly help Matthew :-)

Happy Merry Christmas!!

Rosalia.

Hello Rosalia,
                          If native_image_subject_1 was a 4D file, consisting of subject-specifc white-matter segmentations, then yes the command below ( with -V ) will work. However, the filename implies that the image is just the input data for your first subject, in which case it is not appropriate. For each subject, a white-matter segmentation must be calculated for fslstats to process.

Kind Regards
Matthew

Hi Anderson,

Sorry for posting this again...but I would be sure about if I have to use fslstats -t native_image_subject_1 (with or without -V flag).

Thank you again for your patience.

Rosalia.

Hi Anderson,

If I have understood you well, one form to do this will be to get the native image of every subject (FA) and run:

fslstats -t native_image_subject_1 -V to get the volume without zeroes...right?

In the case I compute other maps (RA and AD) I should do the same, right?

Rosalia.

Hi Rosalia,

I'm not sure about a paper that could be referenced (maybe others can help with examples), but the procedure itself consists of running fslstats to compute a global mean (or sum) across space for each subject, then including it in the model as an extra, nuisance EV.

The option -t (in fslstats) may be handy.

All the best,

Anderson