Hi all,

How do I run probtrackx(2) with an isotropic fiber orientation distribution?  Do I set all volume fractions (i.e., in merged_f*samples.nii.gz) to zero, or do I also need to modify merged_ph*... and merged_th* so that the sampled diffusion directions are uniformly distributed around the unit sphere?

Based on some preliminary runs, it appears merged_ph*... and merged_th*... must be modified, along with setting all volume fractions to zero.  I chose phi and theta so that when transformed to Cartesian coordinates, the direction vectors were uniformly distributed.  That is, theta = acos(2v-1) and phi = [0,2i), where v is randomly sampled from (0,1).

Thanks for all of your help!!

-Kabi