Colleagues,

Just to inform you, our book Environments, Natures and Social Theory: Towards a Critical Hybridity (Palgrave Macmillan, 2015) just came out today in paperback.

Drawing from environmental sociology and geography, political ecology and critical design studies, cyborg feminism and environmental justice studies the core argument of the book suggest that the old two-dimensional environmental debate (limits/no limits/catastrophe/cornucopia) has exhausted itself as a productive frame of reference. We need to move beyond Malthus, romanticism, free market fanaticism and tired old contrarianism. Rather attention needs to turn to socio-ecological hybridities, justice, power, possibility and reconstruction.

You can read the preface and introduction "The socio-ecological imagination" for free here:

all the best,
Damian White
Head of the Department of History, Philosophy and the Social Sciences,
Associate Professor of Sociology
Rhode Island School of Design
2 College Street, Providence, RI 02903 USA 434-202-9159