It give me great pleasure to share with you the final report of our Making it Work Advisory Group that has been working with Handicap International to raise awareness about  violence against women and girls with disabilities.  In this  project, we identified 11 projects of run by women in 10 different countries who are working successfully to raise awareness and eliminate violence against girls and women with disabilities.

When we now ask how can we help, or how can we stop violence, these projects will provide examples of women working, often against impossible odds, to stop violence against girls and women with disabilities in their cities, towns, villages and sometimes, throughout the countries.

We look forward to your comments and suggestions for follow-up activities and ways to support these women and other people around the world who are working to end gender-based violence, particularly against women and girls  with disabilities.  Thank you.

Best wishes,

Arlene Kanter

Professor Arlene S. Kanter

Bond, Schoeneck & King Distinguished Professor of Law

Laura J. and L. Douglas Meredith Professor of Teaching Excellence

Director, Disability Law and Policy Program

Co-Director, Center on Human Policy, Law, and Disability Studies

Syracuse University College of Law

Syracuse, New York 13244-1030

View my research on my SSRN Author page:  http://ssrn.com/author=109716

NEW BOOKS:

      THE DEVELOPMENT OF DISABILITY RIGHTS UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW: FROM CHARITY TO HUMAN RIGHTS

       http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415524513/

      Righting Educational Wrongs: Disability Studies in Law and Education (with Beth Ferri)

      http://syracuseuniversitypress.syr.edu/fall-2013/righting-educational-wrongs.html