As part of our UK Disability History Month series of events, Laurence Clark -  comedian, actor, disability rights campaigner and alumni of the University of Leeds postgraduate Disability Studies programme – will be performing on the evening of Wednesday 9 December. Laurence  uses his productions and routines to challenge the general public’s conceptions of disabled people. More details about him can be found at

http://www.laurenceclark.co.uk/

This event is funded by the University of Leeds’ School of Law and Equality Policy Unit and organised by Alison Sheldon and colleagues at the Centre for Disability Studies. It is free   to participants but registration is required –

http://www.sociology.leeds.ac.uk/events/2015/comedy-performance-laurence-clark

Please do sign up and come along. We are hoping that there will be an opportunity for questions from the audience at the end of the session.

Very best wishes

Anna