Dear All,

A few spaces are still available for 3rd Annual BioXFEL International Conference (Biological applications of X-ray Free Electron Lasers) to be held from Jan 13th-15th in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Conference details and registration information is available at www.bioxfel.org/conference. Further information can be obtained from Erin Uppington at [log in to unmask]. The closing date has been extended to December 18th but the hotel deadline for significantly reduced rates is this Friday, 11th of December. The conference features three days of talks focusing on methods and results from biological studies using XFELs. The final morning is devoted to the hybridization of synchrotron and XFEL approaches with each helping drive the other. A working program is available at https://www.bioxfel.org/resources/641/download/2016_Agenda.pdf.

Speakers include: Henry Chapman, Helen Ginn, Rahel Woldeyes, Vadim Cherezov, Robert Schoenlein, Ilme Schlichting, Martin Weik, Petra Fromme, Hasan DeMirci, Andrew Aquila, Heinz Graafsma, Abbas Ourmazd, Jeff Donatelli, Jan Kern, Rick Kirian, Marco Cammarata, Klaus Giewekemeyer, Guillermo Calero, Joerg Standfuss, and Robert Fischetti plus others selected from incoming abstracts. Cathy Drennan will be giving a keynote talk on Diversity and Warner Guzman will be talking on Professional Networking.

A scientific poster session will be held with posters available for viewing all three days and a prize sponsored by Molecular Dimensions for the best overall poster.

Abstracts will be chosen for talk opportunities from those submitted prior to December 15th.

Some travel funds may be available on a case by case basis. The conference fee is $300.  We are pleased to offer a discounted price of $200 for graduate and undergraduate students. Included in the registration fee are the conference meals, bag, and USB drive.

Payments can be made via credit card using the invoice form emailed to you at the time of registration.   We will not reserve your space until payment is received.

The conference has been organized to enable plenty of discussion time between participants and educational opportunities for students and post-docs. We are extremely grateful to our sponsors, IUCr, Formulatrix, Molecular Dimensions, and Rayonix for supporting the conference.

On behalf of the chairs,

Eddie Snell and George Philips.

Edward Snell Ph.D.

CEO Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute

Assistant Prof. Department of Structural Biology, SUNY Buffalo

700 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY 14203-1102

Phone:     (716) 898 8631         Fax: (716) 898 8660

Skype:      eddie.snell                 Email: [log in to unmask]

Heisenberg was probably here!