Dear Tim
See below - if you have full sys admin rights

It is now possible to do everything that is possible via snapshot using the GUI DI instead.  Below is an example to do what you wish to achieve

In this document I explain the steps for adding a Institution Role to Users

Step One - creating an Integration (this only needs to be done once and has already been done)

  • Go to Sys Admin,   Data Integration, Student Information System Integrations

  • Click Create integration, snapshot flat file

  • give it a name (we used “1 Roles”), set status to active and DSK to System (if you are doing this properly you want to make a new DSK - probably call it Roles and set it to that, but System will work)

Step 2 - create a feed file

We need to know the courses to be removed and we make a spreadsheet with the following headings

external_person_key, role_id, row_status

We save this as a CSV

Step 3 upload feed file

  • Click on the dropdown for our Integration and select “upload feed file”

  • Browse for and attach feed file

  • Select "User Secondary Institution Role" from the dropdown

  • Set operation type to “Store”

  • Click submit

You should make sure that you never set the operation type to complete refresh!

Regards
Joseph