Dear all,
I have been asked to forward to all the list members the message below which should keep you informed of new JISCMAIL policies.
All the best.
Dominique

In this update we’re providing details of: changes to JiscMail service policies (action required), where to find information if systems/services are disrupted, and the JiscMail Helpline Christmas closure dates.

1. Changes to JiscMail service policies

JiscMail has made some minor changes to its service policies, https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ these are the terms & conditions of use and apply to everyone who uses JiscMail.
These changes need to be communicated to all subscribers and we would ask that you forward this message to your list.

Summary of changes:

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/#5
**New**  Off-list messages should not be forwarded to lists without first receiving approval from all contributors.

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ previously #10
**Deleted**  We have removed the entire section about Freedom Of Information, since JiscMail, as part of Jisc is not obligated to FOI.

2. JiscMail service status

If we experience any technical issues with JiscMail services, we’ll post alerts, information and updates to www.facebook.com/JiscMail and www.twitter.com/JiscMailHelp until normal service is resumed and we hope that this service is useful to you (and your subscribers).

3.      JiscMail Helpline Christmas closure

The JiscMail Helpline team will be having a well-earned break, from 12noon on Thursday 24 December 2015 until Monday 4th January 2016. Emails sent to [log in to unmask] and voicemails left during these dates will be managed when our office re-opens in January. Further reminders will be posted to our social media accounts, and a notice will be added to our website www.jiscmail.ac.uk

Finally, I'd like to thank the helpline team for all their hard work this year, and to wish you all a very relaxing break over the festive period.

All the best

Lisa

Lisa Vincent

JiscMail operations manager