Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if this is already known to you.

We would be grateful if you could please pass this message to Athena SWAN self-assessment team members in Psychology (or related) departments. This is to announce an Athena SWAN Workshop for Psychology (click here to register).

This workshop is aimed at Athena SWAN Self Assessment Team members from Psychology (and related) Departments in UK universities.

Aims

·     Discussion and Debate: What are the most pressing and important equality issues for Psychology Departments? What equality-related issues make Psychology Departments different?

·     Mutual Support: We will use the event to establish collaborative “buddying” relationships between Departments (groups of two or three), so that they can work closely with each other to support the preparation of Athena SWAN applications

·     Share Good Practice: What is good practice, and how do we implement it? What has worked in other Departments?

This free workshop is jointly organised by The School of Psychology at Queen's University Belfast and the Department of Psychology at Royal Holloway, University of London, holders of Athena SWAN Gold and Silver awards, respectively. Please contact Prof. Narender Ramnani (Royal Holloway) or Prof. Teresa McCormack (Queen's University, Belfast) for further information.

Venue: Windsor Building, Room 003, Royal Holloway, University of London

Date: 15th February 2016

Time: 1pm - 6.30pm.

Open to Athena SWAN team members from Psychology Departments around the UK

Events

·     Prof. Teresa McCormack (QUB Psychology) will explain how she and her self assessment team led her Department to a Gold Award

·     Sarah Fink (Equalities Charters Advisor from the Equality Challenge Unit) will provide advice on how to assemble a high quality Athena SWAN application, and will be present at the workshop to provide advice and guidance.

·     Workshop sessions

Further details to follow.

SPACES ARE LIMITED. PLEASE BOOK AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Narender Ramnani

Professor of Neuroscience

Fellow, Society of Biology

Council Member, British Neuroscience Association

Brain, Action and Cognition Laboratory

Department of Psychology

Royal Holloway, University of London

Egham TW20 0EX, UK.