Dear Jonathan,

One answer to the question that you’re asking; the clinical significance of the effect with modern non-enzymatic methods is dependent on the creatinine concentration.

(creatinine measured using cobas Gen.2 Jaffe assay (CREJ2), patient pools spiked with a bilirubin solution prepared from solid bilirubin dissolved in DMSO/NaOH).

What is the collective opinion on diluting samples prior to analysis?

Regards

Jinny

Dr Jinny Jeffery (D.Phil, DipRCPATH), Clinical Scientist, Derriford Combined Laboratory, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, PL6 8DH.

Biochemistry advice is now available at: [log in to unmask]

cid:533264109@05022014-32E5