I would just stick with "supernatural being" or "supernatural entity" and explain the nuance. The composite word already implies some superstructure on the natural order - they are part of the hierarchy of being. I think this is how scholars refer to the "yogini" in Indian studies ... a bit like normal women witches but with supernatural powers, characteristics .

mogg morgan
Mandrake.uk.net Publishers PO Box 250, Oxford, OX1 1AP +44 1865 243671 homepages: http://www.mandrake.uk.net http://www.ombos.co.uk sign up for newletter http://eepurl.com/UE4sn Online catalogue:http://www.scribd.com/doc/17679813/Mandrake-Catalogue-13

      From: Jon Sharp (LTS) <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Thursday, 17 December 2015, 9:28
 Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Non-Ordinary-Beings

I used the terms 'trans-human entities' in my thesis to try and get round that same problem
Bw
Jon

Dr Jon Sharp, Head of Learning and Teaching Services,
University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ
Office: Room 0.27, The Registry      Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 01603 597374, or contact Nicky Bastian [log in to unmask] 01603 (59) 1844
Mobile: 07795666465

This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.  Thank you for your co-operation.