Dear Lenny,

still very useful:

Boessneck, Joachim / Müller, Hanns-Hermann / Teichert, Manfred
(1964): Osteologische Unterscheidungsmerkmale zwischen Schaf (Ovis
aries Linné) und Ziege (Capra hircus Linné). – Kühn-Archiv 78(1-2),
1-129
Boessneck, Joachim (1969): Osteological Differences between Sheep
(Ovis aries Linné) and Goat (Capra hircus Linné). in: Brothwell,
Don / Higgs, Eric S. / Clark, Grahame (eds.): Science in Archaeology
– A Survey of Progress and Research, 2nd edition, 331-358, London

Greenfield, Haskel J. (2006): Sexing Fragmentary Ungulate Acetabulae.
in: Ruscillo, Deborah (ed.): Recent Advances in Ageing and Sexing
Animal Bones, Proceedings of the 9th Conference of the International
Council of Archaeozoology, Durham, August 2002, 68-86, Oxford

Hatting, Tove (1983): Osteological Investigations on Ovis aries L.. –
Videnskabelige Meddelelser fra Dansk naturhistorik Forening 144, 115-135

Hatting, Tove (1995): Sex-related Characters in the Pelvic Bone of
domestic Sheep (Ovis aries L.). – Archaeofauna 4, 71-76

Spahn, Norbert (1978): Untersuchungen an großen Röhrenknochen von
Schafen und Ziegen aus der frühmittelalterlichen Siedlung Haithabu,
Schriften aus der Archäologisch-Zoologischen Arbeitsgruppe Schleswig-
Kiel 3, Schleswig

Relevant for your specific question on differences between sexual
dimorphism in sheep and goat is especially Spahn (1978), who comes to
similar conclusions like Simn based on a large number of bones from
Haithabu.

Best

Christian

--
KNOCHENARBEIT

Hans Christian Küchelmann
Diplom-Biologe

Konsul-Smidt-Straße 30, D-28217 Bremen, Germany
tel: +49 - 421 - 61 99 177
fax: +49 - 421 - 37 83 540
mail: [log in to unmask]
web: http://www.knochenarbeit.de