Dear Ulrich,

please see:

Davis, S. 1996. Measurements of a group of adult female Shetland sheep
skeletons from a single flock: a baseline for zooarchaeologists. *Journal
of Archaeological Science* *23*, 593-612.

Davis, S. 2000. The effect of castration and age on the development of the
Shetland sheep skeleton and a metric comparison between bones of males,
females and castrates.* Journal of Archaeological Science* *27*, 373-390.

​They are not from central Europe, but ​I think they can still be used. The
great advantage is that they are based on a population of known sex and age
rather than just a single individual.

Cheers,
Umberto

--
Umberto Albarella
Department of Archaeology

"That's the standard technique of privatization: defund, make sure things
don't work, people get angry, you hand it over to private capital" Noam
Chomsky