> 1) I have WebPA installations on both dev and live.  From the point of
> view of the WebPA admin user on both dev and live, at home > lti
> sources  > edit,
> the Key field seems to be a label (no box surrounding it and not
> editable, though it is selectable).  It is set to the value
> "thisisakey".  See screenshot.

Each key should only be used for a single instance of a tool consumer.
Try using a new key and secret.

> 2) when I add the
> "debug=true"
> to the custom parameters
> I see no additional output.  Where should I look for this?

The error message displayed should have changed (see your previous
screenShot2.png file). [I assume you did not include the double quotes
when defining the custom parameter.]

> 3) Looking in the Blackboard Logs?
> There are well over 300 of these.  Any ideas about where to start?

Start with those that cover the current time period - that should cut
the list down considerably.  The error will be logged in either the
bb-services log file or the tomcat stdout-stderr file, depending upon
the version of the BasicLTI building block you are using.  (Note that
the error will not be logged if it has been displayed as a result of
passing the debug=true parameter.)

> 4) Regarding the clocks on the servers.  WebPA is hosted on site here in
> Sheffield.  The Blackboard installation is in managed hosting at
> Blackboard's premises in Amsterdam.

Yes, but are they in sync with each other, or within a few minutes?

Stephen