Calling all women who use walking as part of their creative or academic practice...

I am setting up a network of women who use walking in their creative and/or academic practice in the hope that we can share and promote our work, highlight opportunities, circulate material of interest and so on. This could lead to a gathering, some walks and perhaps ultimately, more formal academic outcomes for anyone who is interested.

I realise that there are some fine networks out there already - not least this one! - but my purpose is to focus on women's experiences of walking as a practice. I aim to tie this to a (currently forming) research centre at my academic institute, but for now I'd like to get the ball rolling by creating a network on Twitter. I've set up an account with the username @womenwhowalknet . If you are happy to join, please follow the account, and I will reciprocate.

If you know anyone else that may wish to be involved, please let me know or steer them towards the Twitter account.

I realise that Twitter may not be the best vehicle for this long term, but hope it will be a good place to start linking individuals.

Best wishes

Sonia

www.soniaoverall.net

Lecturer, School of Humanities, Canterbury Christ Church University