Registration is now open for Language, Landscape & the Sublime 2016. As places are very limited, we recommend early registration.

This event is part of Schumacher College’s Ecological Arts programme. More detailed information can be found at languagelandscape.info.

Call for participation

The call for participation is currently open. The deadline for submissions in November 29, 2015.

We have no desire to be prescriptive or proscriptive, but here are some possible topics:
Literatures of nature
Nature, representation and meaning
Re-kindling the romantic gesture
Conflicted and contested relationship to the natural world
Poetics and Poiesis
The Picturesque and Sublime today
Nature and fear
Walking
Phenomenology of nature and landscape
Being in nature, nature and Being
Live writing, live drawing
Living today in yesterday’s landscapes
Alienation and estrangement from the land
Climate change and the landscape of the anthropocene

Publication
We will produce an online publication from the event that will include formal papers as well as other forms of record.In  You can submit 2,000 to 2,500 words for presentation at the conference and/or for inclusion in the publication.

In addition we have been invited to produce a special edition of the transdisciplinary refereed journal Environment, Space, Place (Zeta Books, Romania) which will come out in 2017. This will contain selected material from the Symposium and/or material triggered by the Symposium.

For more details and to submit a proposal: http://www.languagelandscape.info

Dr. Richard Povall
Schumacher College