Hi Kashif,

I'm still looking into using foreman for our provisioning. We don't use it in
production yet. Take anything I'm going to say with a grain of salt.

I haven't encountered any problems with Foreman's Puppet integration. You can
get all the classes which are defined on the Puppet master and assign them to
nodes. You also have access to the facts and can use them in templates, the
catch is that Puppet needs to have run at least once on the node for the facts
to be available in Foreman.
As for Hiera, there doesn't seem to be any direct integration of Hiera in
Foreman, you can't modify your Hiera configuration from within Foreman. Instead
they use smart variables which are being passed as class parameters via the ENC.
This should only work for parameterized classes, it shouldn't work with classes
that contain direct Hiera calls. It works similar to Hiera, you can define or
override parameters on each level of your node definition hierarchy (global,
host groups, host).
I haven't tried smart variables myself with Puppet, because I have no intention
of using them. We will keep writing our profile manifests and only use Foreman
to assign profiles or classes to hosts and keep writing the Hiera configuration
files ourselves. It would be nice if the backend of the smart variables could be
configured to write Hiera configuration files rather than using the ENC.

Cheers,
Robert