Dear List,

With far less claim to your indulgence than Anne (in fact rather the opposite: you have been very forgiving in the past), may I ask you to keep eyes open for my new book on possible Sidneian aspects of Shakespeare’s Sonnets, both literary and historical? Look out for  ‘Discovering the Hidden Figure’ + Penny McCarthy + Mellen Press. Mitigating circumstances: it had an enormous amount of pre-publication helpful criticism from the Spenserian Robert Cummings, and has a foreword by Andrew Hadfield.

(You may shout ‘No’ and complain to the List if you wish.)

Penny