From: Henry Flynn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 November 2015 12:34
Subject: Roman coin ID training at the British Museum

Dear all,

This is just a reminder about the upcoming Roman coinage identification training session which is being held here at the British Museum on Friday the 27th of November.

The training will be led by Dr Sam Moorhead, the Portable Antiquities Scheme's National Finds Advisor for Roman coins and is being held in conjunction with PASt Explorers and the Money and Medals Network. Sam will be introducing attendees to the identification of Roman coinage through presentations, giving advice on the use of printed and electronic resources for identification purposes and providing a practical session which will involve handling Roman coins.

This is an opportunity to learn about the identification of Roman coins with an expert in this field and may prove to be beneficial for cataloguing museum collections and responding to public enquiries. A few places are still available so if you would like to attend then please contact me directly and I will send you more details.

Do please circulate this information to anyone you think might be interested in this training opportunity. It is free to attend and open to anyone working with Roman coins in a museum or public institution.

Regards,

Henry Flynn
Project Curator: Money and Medals Network

Department of Coins and Medals,
The British Museum,
Great Russell Street,
London,
WC1B 3DG

Tel: 0207 323 8255

Follow the project on Twitter @Moneymedalsnet

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST