Hi all,

Do any of you use a journal club type activity on any of your  new lecturer programmes (eg PgCertLTHE or PGCAP)? If so, would you mind sharing your experiences, how you set it up, duration of session and any challenges/issues you have come across? I’m in the initial stage of thinking about introducing something like this on to our PGCert.  I’m thinking about giving participants a choice of 3-4 topics (including timely topics such as TEF)  and getting them to bring an article each to discuss with others who have chosen the same topic.

Many thanks for any insights or suggestions you may have.

Thanks,

Martina

Dr Martina Johnson

Education Development Advisor

Institute for Learning Innovation and Development (ILIaD)

Building 27, Room 3059

University of Southampton

University Road

Highfield

Southampton

SO17 1BJ

Email [log in to unmask]

Web https://iliad.soton.ac.uk/

Tel. 02380 594687

@ILIaDSoton

*  Passionate about Education – Join the community of practice *