Sounds good.

John R

Sent from my iPad

On 18 Nov 2015, at 10:46, John Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear All,

Members will know that there is to be an exhibition devoted to the life and work of John Lockwood Kipling, at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, opening in December 2016.

I have been approached about the loan, for display, of first Indian editions of Rudyard's 'Railway Library' publications, and the first edition of Plain Tales from the Hills. In the past (for the My Boy Jack exhibition at the Imperial War Museum, for example) I have been able to source some suitable items on loan from members. The Kipling Society's own collection is a research library, and we have never aimed to retain first editions as a collector might.

Loan to the V&A would, of course, be secure, but would involve inspection and approval by the curators. Nevertheless, I would very much like to offer help for this important exhibition, and would be happy to make the necessary contacts.

Best regards,

John

John Walker
Honorary Librarian,