From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Martyn Bull [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 07 November 2015 07:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Freelance Science editing rates anyone…?

Hi Catarina,

By hour is more usual. Suggested minimum rates from Society of Editors are £30 per hour.

http://www.sfep.org.uk/pub/mship/minimum_rates.asp

Of course, you should always factor in the wealth of the client and the worth of the work to scale up or down accordingly, and to make sure you are including enough money to cover project management, your overheads and profit.

I always invoice separately for project management as this can eat up a lot of time in addition to actual doing the work.

Best regards

Martyn

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com