Hi all,

I am writing a learning report for SciDev.Net - an electronic source of news, views and analysis about science and technology in the developing world - on data visualisations. Specifically, I am gathering knowledge and lessons learned around how data visualisations can be made more effective and influential in informing decision-making in the developing world. As science communication experts, I would love to hear your thoughts and reflections on this topic.

What makes a data visualisation an effective and influential source of information? What challenges do designers face in targeting decision-makers in developing countries? What challenges do decision-makers in developing countries face in consuming data visualisations? Do you know of any particularly influential data visualisations? What made them so influential?

Many thanks,

Imogen Robinson

Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator  | Scidev.Net

95 Aldwych | London WC2B 4JF | UK
Direct | +44 (0) 20 7292 9926 | www.scidev.net

SciDev.Net is the world’s leading electronic source of free

news, views and analysis about science and technology in

the developing world.

Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/scidevnet

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/SciDevNet

For free email updates visit: www.scidev.net/sign-up

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com