Colleagues,

Just to inform you, our book Environments, Natures and Social Theory:
Towards a Critical Hybridity (Palgrave Macmillan, 2015) just came out today
in paperback.

http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/environments-natures-and-social-theory-damian-white/?sf1=barcode&st1=9780230241039

Drawing critical design studies into conversation with environmental
sociology and geography, political ecology and cyborg feminism, ANT and
environmental justice studies the core argument of the book suggest that
the old two-dimensional environmental debate (limits/no
limits/catastrophe/cornucopia) has exhausted itself as a productive frame
of reference. We need to move beyond Malthus, romanticism, free market
fanaticism and tired old contrarianism. Rather attention needs to turn to
socio-ecological hybridities, justice, power, possibility and
reconstruction..

You can read the preface and introduction "The socio-ecological
imagination" for free here:

https://www.academia.edu/19243110/The_Socio-Ecological_Imagination_Preface_and_Introduction_to_White_Rudy_Gareau_Environments_Natures_and_Social_Theory

all the best,
Damian White
Head of the Department of History, Philosophy and the Social Sciences,
Associate Professor of Sociology
Rhode Island School of Design
2 College Street, Providence, RI 02903 USA 434-202-9159