for info, the new epsrc funded network of networking people, commnet2
has officially begun( (actually its a revival of a previous net)

this has the chief goal of trying to get more collaboration across the
EE-CS divide, so NGN folks, who I naively regard/sterotype as CS, this
is your go-to place to find sparkies (I realize there are plenty of
collaborations already but there are also gaps)

the epsrc also uses this as a place to understand gaps they should
fund, so its an opportunity (especially given the surprisingly
positive budget yesterday about uk government science funding) to
influence things the way _we_ want them to go...

see
http://www.commnet.ac.uk/
for the nascent website

cheers