Hi everyone,

The New Zealand College of Midwives has organised a two day forum on breech birth in collaboration with the Royal Australia and NZ College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, with a view to increasing interdisciplinary discussion and skills around vaginal breech birth. We currently have variation in practice around breech presentation at term across our maternity system due to differing levels of experience and comfort with breech birth, and are looking to find ways of standardising our approach to care in NZ. We are developing a session on what a hospital-based breech birth service would ideally look like and what needs to be in place to facilitate it. We already have several ideas, and are now interested in whether any such services are running in other hospitals and health systems internationally, to use as models for our discussion.

Could you please email me with any details or information you think would be of use? Fine to email me directly off the list.

Many thanks,

Claire MacDonald
Special Projects, NZ College Of Midwives