Useful summary with references on the Tate web site at http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/rubens-the-apotheosis-of-james-i-and-other-studies-multiple-sketch-for-the-banqueting-t12919/text-summary

- and of course there's Rubens' slightly earlier Apotheosis of Henri IV.

Getting a bit modern for me as well!

Maddy

---
Prof. Madeleine Gray University of South Wales http://www.heritagetortoise.co.uk http://twitter.com/heritagepilgrim 'You say to yourself in your mid-60s, how much time am I going to have, do I want to slow down?' (Charlotte Rampling)