Thank you very much, Karl and Tom, for your help! If anyone else has further information in this regard, I’d be grateful if you could share this.

I have another question regarding canonization. This time, it has more to do with its effects. I wonder if there is any tangible trace of canonization — the process, or the effects of a canonization — in the legal system of a country. The only thing I can possibly think of is when a country might adopt a canonized saint as its official patron saint. For example: I’ve tried to find, without success, whether Joan of Arc was ever made patron of France by an act of the French legislature or a decree of the French president.

Anyway, if anyone knows of any dovetailing or correlation of canonization and national legal system or national laws, I’d love to learn from you about this. Thank you.

Best wishes, George