We are pleased to announce that the Inter-Disciplinary Press journal Sport: Probing the Boundaries is now open for submissions! Details on the aims and scope of the journal, how to submit and style guidelines can be found at the website:

http://sportjournal.org/

The deadline for papers and other content for the first issue is 31 January 2016.

Full papers are accepted between 5000 words and 7000 words in length.

We believe there is significant evidence of a growing number of practitioners, professionals, writers and academics in sport who want to work across disciplinary and academic boundaries. Understanding the importance of sport and the problems of sports needs an inter-disciplinary lens. There are many sports journals that try to reach across disciplines but these are generally limited in that reach. There are multi-disciplinary social science journals that engage with history and philosophy, and management journals that engage with practitioners and industry. While there are many multi-disciplinary journals in sport and leisure, there are no inter-disciplinary journals.

Our belief is that the proposed journal will meet this need. Its audience will be the thousands of sports scholars inside the academy, and those beyond the academy in sport, or just passionate about it. The journal embraces sport, but recognises the critical problems that face it.

Proposed Content
We eventually envisage three sections to the journal. The first and largest will consist of peer-reviewed, full papers. The second section will be a forum for invited keynotes from the sports world. The third section will be reviews of books, films, events, poetry and plays with sports themes. For the peer-reviewed, full papers we are interested in research, theory and professional reflection that cuts across disciplines and subject fields, though it may originate within one of them.

Please spread the word to your colleagues and anyone else who you think might be interested in submitting. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Karl Spracklen ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
On behalf of the Editorial Board