Hi Melissa,
In IPTC terms we are slowly getting round to embedding it in the JPEGs, so
for example the images on this page have basic owner copyright info:

http://www.gac.culture.gov.uk/work.aspx?obj=36789

However, we hope to have full artist info for all images in due course...

There are no plans to expose the IPTC data explicitly.

Personally my opinion is that DC & VRA don't have enough traction and
support from Adobe Bridge/Windows explorer/Apple finder/preview so most
ordinary users wouldn't be able to find the data anyway. (of course this is
a moving target so don't all shoot me down just yet...)

Tony

*Please note my new telephone number – 020 7211 2426*

[image: cid:image001.png@01CF86F9.22C2BC80]

*Tony Harris*
Digital Media & Photography Officer
Government Art Collection