From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fiona McCrory
Sent: 13 November 2015 14:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MCG] Website redevelopment - what CMS

Hi,
I'm the new Digital Manager with National Museums Northern Ireland. Our website was developed in 2009 and built upon since then, all within the Kentico CMS (we're on version 5 which is now unsupported).

We're looking at redeveloping the website and I'm hoping to get an idea of what Content Management Systems other museums use and what the costs e.g. design, build, hosting etc. have been.

One consideration for us is whether to go open source or not as Drupal provides an attractive option as is Umbraco (although I have no experience of it personally). We're also looking at Contensis CMS and are interested in Adobe CMS (no idea of the cost there!).  Following this group has also opened my eyes to Wordpress as an option...

Our current website integrates with Mimsy XG/Piction for our Online Collections  and our booking/ticketing software Gamma for our What's on ticketing booking. We also provide limited e-commerce on our site through our Picture Library but we want to have the option to expand into having an online shop.

Any ideas, advice, words of experience will be most welcome!

Thanks,
Fiona
Fiona McCrory
Digital Manager

National Museums Northern Ireland
Cultra, Holywood, Co. Down, BT18 0EU

T - 028 9039 5104
E - [log in to unmask]

[National Museums Northern Ireland]<http://www.nmni.com/>

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the recipients noted above. If you are not one of the intended recipients, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify [log in to unmask] immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Fiona McCrory therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
[Bristol 2015 - European Green Capital – an initiative of the European Commission] <http://www.bristol2015.co.uk>

Council services online: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/service

Keep up to date with the latest council news and sign up to our monthly email newsletter: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ournews