Digest of e-cuttings : 19th November

THE BOOKSELLER : 19th November

Workers strike over plans to turn libraries into gyms

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/lambeth-library-workers-strike-over-plans-turn-libraries-gyms-316938

Brixton Blog : 19th November

Fury over Lambeth libraries vote

http://www.brixtonblog.com/34123-2/34123

THE GUARDIAN : 19th November

Publishers answer minister's call to offer schools cheap classics

She replied to the schools minister's challenge with one of her own: "We’d like to see the government investing more in school libraries and librarians, as well as halting the closure of public libraries across the UK. It is this, we believe, that will help nurture the next generation of book lovers."

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/nov/19/publishers-answer-ministers-call-to-offer-schools-cheap-classics

Rossendale Free Press : 19th November

Lancashire | Valley united behind our campaign to save libraries

good arguments presented

http://www.rossendalefreepress.co.uk/news/local-news/valley-united-behind-campaign-save-10465504 good arguments presented

Hertfordshire Mercury : 19th November

Community group remains hopeful over fight against move of Buntingford librar

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Community-group-continues-fight-Buntingford/story-28200634-detail/story.html

The Star : 19th November

Sheffield | Library with ‘sense of place’ thrives

http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/library-with-sense-of-place-thrives-1-7575830

BBC News : 18th November

Bristol libraries opening hours to be cut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-34863308

Accrington Observer : 18th November

Lancashire | Join battle to save libraries from the axe

In papers due to go before the cabinet, LCC said one library in each of its 12 district council areas would meet its statutory obligations.

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/news/local-news/join-battle-save-libraries-axe-10465586

Elizabeth Ash
07792 810 959