Digest of e-cuttings : 19th November

THE BOOKSELLER : 19th November

*Workers strike over plans to turn libraries into gyms*

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/lambeth-library-workers-strike-over-plans-turn-libraries-gyms-316938

Brixton Blog : 19th November

*Fury over Lambeth libraries vote*

http://www.brixtonblog.com/34123-2/34123

THE GUARDIAN : 19th November

*Publishers answer minister's call to offer schools cheap classics*

She replied to the schools minister's challenge with one of her own: "We’d
like to see the government investing more in school libraries and
librarians, as well as halting the closure of public libraries across the
UK. It is this, we believe, that will help nurture the next generation of
book lovers."

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/nov/19/publishers-answer-ministers-call-to-offer-schools-cheap-classics

Rossendale Free Press : 19th November

*Lancashire* | *Valley united behind our campaign to save libraries*

*good arguments presented*

http://www.rossendalefreepress.co.uk/news/local-news/valley-united-behind-campaign-save-10465504
good
arguments presented

Hertfordshire Mercury : 19th November

*Community group remains hopeful over fight against move of Buntingford
librar*y

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Community-group-continues-fight-Buntingford/story-28200634-detail/story.html

The Star : 19th November

*Sheffield* | *Library with ‘sense of place’ thrives*

http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/library-with-sense-of-place-thrives-1-7575830

BBC News : 18th November

*Bristol libraries opening hours to be cut*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-34863308

Accrington Observer : 18th November

*Lancashire* | *Join battle to save libraries from the axe*

In papers due to go before the cabinet, LCC said one library in each of its
12 district council areas would meet its statutory obligations.

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/news/local-news/join-battle-save-libraries-axe-10465586

Elizabeth Ash
07792 810 959