Hi Jose,

We have been trying out the non-stick tape on some of our metal roller shelving.  We purchased a role of the tape and put a single strip on each shelf of one of our bays of shelving. This was part of the oversize collection which was the most likely to slip when the shelving is moved.  The tape improved the situation but did not cure it with the books still able to slide but less likely to do so. However as I said we only used a single strip of tape for large books. I would expect more improvement if we used two strips for large books or if we used it for normal sized books.  Our main concern was the cost of the tape as it would cost us hundreds of pounds to treat all of the shelves in the library.

I hope that this helps.

Ian

Ian Macey
Assistant Librarian
National Police Library
College of Policing

Address:  Sunningdale Park, Larch Avenue, Ascot SL5 0QE
Telephone:  +44 (0)1256 602650
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:  www.college.police.uk

Want to know more about our Research Evidence services?

Visit http://www.college.police.uk/en/20018.htm for more information.