-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Taylor, Sarah
Sent: 26 November 2015 15:46
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi all,

I'm sure this has probably been done to death (although currently my information retrieval skills appear to be failing me and I can't see anything much in the archives of this list) but I'm in the process of preparing a paper to explain issues/processes of procuring electronic resources for our accountant, and he has asked for specific information about dates. I know his next question will be why are the start of most of our subscription dates are what they are, i.e. not aligned with the academic year.

We did draft a letter to some of our suppliers a while back asking them to consider aligning subscriptions, but I can't recall what happened beyond that!

Has anyone managed to align their subscription dates to their financial year, and if so, has it had any sort of impact on management of resources and/or relationships with finance departments?

Any insights would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Taylor
Electronic Resources Librarian
The Peter Marsh Library
University of Bolton
Deane Road
Bolton
BL3 5AB

01204 903099
Please note that my normal working days are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG