With regards to the use of UK fed, whilst this is a good idea in principle federated ID management is tied into institutional membership, whereas BL documents are licensed for individual use regardless of who foots the bill?

Therefore, if someone were to switch institutions, they may lose the access to ILL documents valuable to their research. From this perspective - individual membership makes sense if something of a admin headache for us.