From: Pauline Heslop [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 November 2015 09:27
To: Pauline Heslop
Subject: Bursaries and travel awards for people working in the field of mortality in people with intellectual disabilities

Dear all

As part of the ESRC seminar series funding, we are able to offer the following:

1. Three bursaries (of £750 each) for junior investigators who have been working on research relating to mortality of people with intellectual disabilities and who would benefit from participating at the IASSIDD World Congress in Melbourne, Australia in August 2016.

2. A contribution to the travel costs for some researchers/policy makers/practitioners whose work relates to the mortality of people with intellectual disabilities and who would benefit from participating at the IASSIDD World Congress in Melbourne, Australia in August 2016. Priority will be given to active researchers/practitioners/policy-makers whose work relates to the mortality of people with intellectual disabilities and who would not otherwise be able to attend the conference.

These awards are part of a funding award from the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in the UK for greater international collaboration to compare mortality data in relation to people with intellectual disabilities. All awardees would therefore be expected to contribute to discussions at the conference and any additional round table sessions about the mortality of people with intellectual disabilities.

Please see the attached information sheets and application forms and read these carefully. They will be available on our website (www.bristol.ac.uk/sps/seminars/international)  from the end of this week.

All applications must be completed in English, and must be with me by

12md (GMT) Monday 4th January 2016.  Selection of awardees will be by panel decision. Notifications of awards will be made in January 2016.

Do get back to me if you have any queries, and please share this information as widely as you can.

With thanks and best wishes

Pauline Heslop

--

Dr Pauline Heslop

Programme Manager

Image removed by sender.

Reader in Intellectual Disabilities Research

Director of Doctoral Research Degrees

Norah Fry Research Centre

School for Policy Studies

University of Bristol

8 Priory Road

Bristol BS8 1TZ

Tel: 0117 3310973

I welcome expressions of interest from prospective PhD applicants.