Dear All,

The Essex sections of the coastal path have been scheduled for the next three years and, with colleagues here in Place Services who maintain the Essex HER, I have been asked by Natural England to carry out an assessment of the impact of the path on the historic environment. So I would be interested to know if any of you have been involved in this kind of assessment elsewhere along the coastal path and what your experiences have been. It seems to be a straightforward and fairly rapid exercise, and many stretches will have minimal impact as the path exists there already. However, the pro forma provided has a pick-list of management recommendations, which seem to be derived from Farm Environment Plans and relatively few of these are relevant to coastal locations. So I would be particularly interested to know how others have approached this and if anyone has been able to develop a set of more appropriate recommendations.

Many thanks, in anticipation.

Paul Gilman BA (Hons) FSA MCIfA
European Projects Manager
Environment and Economy
Essex County Council| telephone: 03330136728
Mobile:07748623970 | email: [log in to unmask]<blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.essex.gov.uk<http://www.essex.gov.uk/>

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person unless express permission is given. If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. It is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.