On 04/11/15 17:00, Jensen, Jens (STFC,RAL,SC) wrote:
> On 04/11/2015 15:46, Jensen, Jens (STFC,RAL,SC) wrote:
>> ... uploaded to the usual location
>>
>> http://storage.esc.rl.ac.uk/weekly/
> I've had a request to explain the acronyms and abbreviations.
>
> * IT=Information Technology (meaning site IT support, such as networking
> specifically)
> * MSDC turns out to mean Multiple Science Domain Computing - intended to
> be bland and forgettable. I had to look it up.
> * And ETLA is Extended Three Letter Abbreviation, ie four letters  :-)
>
> Thanks
> -j

" Brian gave a quick summary of the E2E workshop wherein he did give a
  presentation unto the audience.  The presentation was well received but
there were questions about the apparently high failure rates of FTS (20%)."

In the e2e meeting I commented that this is very high as a file succeeds
in transferring once, but due to retries fails lots of times.

Another  interesting statistic is therefore  % of files (not transfers)
that fail first time, and either % that work after retries, or % of
failures that eventually work. IYSWIM

Chris