Dear colleagues,

we’ve had lot of excellent applications for the Leeds’ DAAD-sponsored
postgraduate conference next May, ‘German Pasts-German Futures’, including
papers on Goth subcultures, Sprachskepsis on post-unification East German
writing, history as cyclical, ’68 and its aftermath, the far-reight and
violence by women, the role of the archive, comedic treatments of the Nazi
past in film, Holocaust memorials in Germany, the UK, and South Africa,
'What Pegida could learn from the Middle Ages’, the Bundestag’s
international intern scheme, performance art, utopias, East Germany’s
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, minority writers, architecture, Holocaust
fiction, and many others.

We’re now looking inviting additional proposals - especially proposals
which might form coherent panels on some or any of the topics listed above!

Our next deadline is Friday, December 4,

With all best wishes,

Stuart Taberner

Brief abstracts (100-200 words) and a short CV to be sent to Stuart
Taberner
([log in to unmask]) by Friday, December 4, 2015.