From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gillian Waters
Sent: 10 November 2015 09:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Northern Museums Volunteer Pass-2016-18

Have you heard about the Northern Museums Volunteer Pass?
This is one of the biggest volunteer schemes with over 110 participating museums in the Yorkshire and Humberside, North East and North West regions, representing over 5,000 museum volunteers in accredited museums.

What is it?
o	Allows your volunteers to gain various benefits such as free entry and/or additional benefits to other participating museums
o	Open to ALL accredited museums, or those working towards accreditation in the North East, North West and Yorkshire and Humberside regions.

What's the benefit to your museum?
o	Gaining Inspiration-Museums said the benefits were 	"ideas for future museum development" and to “compare notes with volunteers from other sites”
o	Rewarding your volunteers. As one museum said -"the passes are a good way of thanking our volunteers and definitely something we can offer them in return for volunteering"
o	Raises awareness of your museum. As one museum said "[the passes] market what's on offer to future possible visitors” and another “[the pass] helps promote the region/s as a whole”.
o	Networking and Benchmarking. Museums said the benefits were: “to build understanding and make relationships to other museums. To see and learn from what other organisations are delivering. To be able to bench mark against what we deliver, and what we could deliver.”
o	Volunteers also felt that one of the biggest benefits was “Being part of a museum community”

Where can you find out more about the Northern Museums Volunteer Pass?
o	Download the 2015 Pink Pass leaflet here to see the list of participating museums https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGW7qb0jbQQSFNCc2c5VjBraGM/view?usp=sharing
o	Download a pdf outlining the scheme,https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGW7qb0jbQQSTROSXVCWEw4OWc/view?usp=sharing  or you can contact Gillian Waters [log in to unmask]

How can you sign up to the scheme?
o	Complete the form on survey monkey to express your interest in the scheme https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NMP2016

Deadline Monday 5 February 2016.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Claranet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.claranet.co.uk

the system manager.

Scanned by the Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway.

www.clearswift.com