Whilst I'm in a GEM-list-emailing frame of mind, can I just take a moment to thank The Royal Armnouries (and in particular Emma King) for this conference earlier this week?

It was well organised and I was very lucky to share the speakers' platform with excellent professionals who are doing great things in delivering services with adults (emphasis on the "with").

As you will know, I have a particular interest in adult learning and museums. I have had for over a decade now. As a result I have been to many such conferences (have even organised a couple myself). The Royal Armouries' conference was the best by far. Real energy in the room. Real inspiration and I got a real sense that delegates were going home to implement ideas learnt.

Well done all. Let's have a few more like this please....

Essex Havard
ALACS (Adult Learning and the Culture Sector)

07976 125880

Twitter: @_alacs
Blog: www.alacsblog.wordpress.com