Von: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]]" im Auftrag von "Saad Jbabdi [[log in to unmask]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. November 2015 13:48
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [FSL] normalization of connectivity matrix after probtrackx

Hi André

We generally recommend normalising by the value stored in “waytotal”.  This normalises both for the number of voxels in the seed mask and for the fact that streamlines may be rejected during sampling (if inclusion/exclusion masks are being used).  I don’t think you need to normalise by the size of the target (would you expect twice as many samples if your target was twice as big?). The most sensible thing to do is to ensure the target mask is anatomically or functionally meaningful so you can e.g. compare across subjects etc.

Cheers,
Saad