Hi Anna,

Please, see below:

On 16 November 2015 at 18:00, Anita van Loenhoud <[log in to unmask]
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[log in to unmask]);>> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I want to do a simple voxelwise correlation (both negative and positive)
> with education (i.e. only one predictor) in a group of 511 subjects.
> Education here is actually an ordinal variable, in which 1=lowest education
> and 7=highest education. My design.mat looks like this:
>
> /NumWaves 1
>
> /NumPoints 511
>
> /Matrix
>
> 7
>
> 6
>
> 6
>
> 4
>
> 4
>
> 4
>
> 7
>
> [etc]
>

> My design.con looks like this:
>
> /NumWaves 1
>
> /NumPoints 2
>
> /Matrix
>
> -1
>
> 1
>

> My randomise command looks like this:
>
> randomise -i 4D.nii -o edu_correlation.randomise -d design.mat -t
> design.con -n 500 -D -T
>

> I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Are my design.mat/con correct? Should I add PPheights=7 in design.mat
> and PPheights=1 in design.con?

Fine as is, no need for PPHeights.

> 2. Should I demean my data or not? I had a hard time finding that out in
> the manual/mailing list.

Yes, need -D since no intercept is modelled, and the interest is on the
continuous variable.

> 3. Should I have added a GM explicit mask using –m (since I am only
> interested in gray matter voxels)? In principle, the images in the 4D.nii
> already only display GM voxels, so maybe a mask is not necessary?

If the input is already masked or already contains just what is of
interest, no need for a mask.

> 4. I read that when you do a ‘one sample t-test’ you should use -1; does
> that apply to my data since I have one instead of two groups (I thought it
> doesn’t)?

A permutation test works fine for this design, even with just 1 group,
with the continuous variable (so, no need for the -1).

All the best,

Anderson

--
Sent from mobile. Please forgive the conciseness.