Hi Xiangzhen,

There is no need for orthogonalisation in this case it seems, and you can leave the boxes unchecked and not worry about it.

At any rate, I'm unaware of a command that does it directly, but it can be done in Matlab:

R = eye(size(X,1)) - Z*pinv(Z);
X = R*X;

where Z is the array of nuisance EVs and X the one with EVs of interest.

All the best,

Anderson