Dear FSL experts

I am a beginner of the FSL, so this is a very elementary question.
I am performing ICA resting functional MRI analysis with FSL (MELODIC). And when I plot dual regression analysis results (two-group t-test  analysis) within some interested component (for example corresponding to the Default mode network component), there are regions with significant difference outside of the interested component region.

When I perform such analysis, should I do permutation test on the interested component mask ? Or should I perform permutation test on the whole brain and overlay only the significantly different regions within the interested component mask?

Thank you very much.

Takuya Ishida