Hi all

I am currently volunteering as an ESOL teacher (I am qualified and have experience) with a church whose member has recently relocated to our city.  As this is a 1-1 session, I was wondering if there were any resources out there in how I should teach asylum seekers and refugees.  How should I proceed? Is there any guidance on this that I can access, preferably free of charge?

Thanks,
Rupinder

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to