Dear all,

Language Issues
Issue: Summer 2016, 27.1 Community Languages:  issues and opportunities

The Editorial Board for Language Issues invites articles for the summer 2016 (27.1) issue. This issue will focus on the learning and teaching of community languages.
Census 2011 figures show a significant proportion of people in the UK reporting a language other than English as their main language. We welcome contributions on all languages other than English used in communities in the UK.
Articles could be about policy, social and political issues , practical teaching, language learning, linguistic features, corpora and their usesteacher training, resources and other related topics.
We are interested in research contributions from academics and practical and personal perspectives from teachers and learners.
While our journal readership is mainly from the adult education sector, we are interested in hearing from colleagues working in the field of children's education.  We appreciate that much of the current work in the UK on community languages research and teaching relates to children's language development.  We would of course be delighted to hear from contributors with experience of the post 16 sector.
Background to Language Issues
Language Issues is a part peer-reviewed journal where ESOL and community language professionals share ideas on language teaching and learning. It is published by NATECLA, the national association for teaching English and other community languages to adults. The main focus of Language Issues is the exploration of the middle ground between academic research and classroom practice, including:
•   current practice in teaching, training and management
•   up-to-date information regarding current political and social issues related to the field
•   education research
•   conference reports and reviews of relevant books and materials.
Please send article initial expressions of interest and outlines by 4th December 2015 to  [log in to unmask]

If you would like to see a sample copy of Language Issues, please contact Jane Arstall at [log in to unmask]

Hope to hear from you.

Sally Bird and Jo-Ann Delaney
Co-Editors
Language Issues

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]